You can Put A Paper Towel In An Air Fryer when following the 3 rules
We know you want to keep your air fryer clean, and we know that you also want to make sure your food is protected from the elements.
But can you put a paper towel in an air fryer? Well, as it turns out, the answer is no and yes.
You can’t put paper towels in an air fryer, but there are some exceptions where you might want to use them in the process of cooking something else.
The problem is that paper can get caught on things, or it can burn or melt in the heat of the air fryer. In addition, it can lead to uneven cooking.
But don’t worry—we’ve done our research and come up with some great alternatives for keeping your air fryer clean.
Let’s break down how this works and what you can expect when using paper towels in your air fryer.
Is It Safe to Put a Paper Towel in an Air Fryer?
No, paper towels are not safe to put in an air fryer.
Paper towels are made of cellulose—a natural substance that is highly flammable and can also be quite absorbent. If you’ve ever seen an oil fire, you know how quickly it can spread. In an air fryer, which uses hot air rather than oil, the risk of fire is even greater.
The same goes for any other kind of paper product—it may not be flammable itself, but if it’s made out of cellulose (like a newspaper), it can easily catch fire if it comes in contact with any open flame or heat source.
So unless you want your kitchen to go up in flames or have a bunch of ash all over your house, don’t use paper products in your air fryer!
But it has some exceptions you can use the paper towel in the air fryer, we will talk about that later!
How Does an Air Fryer Work?
An air fryer is a unique kitchen appliance that cooks food and dishes easily by using hot air. It’s similar to how you would use the oven, but it’s much faster—and it doesn’t require any oil.
The hot air circulates at temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) around your food, cooking it from all sides simultaneously.
Air fryers are great for cooking french fries, chicken wings, and fried calamari because they don’t require any oil.
They’re also suitable for baking cakes because they get the cake nice and crispy outside without drying out the inside of the cake.
Will a Paper Towel Burn in an Air Fryer?
Yes, a paper towel will definitely burn in an air fryer.
The reason is that paper towel catches fire quickly at high temperatures, and you’re cooking with your air fryer at a high temperature. If you accidentally leave your air fryer on for too long (or forget to turn it off), then your paper towel could catch on fire.
It’s recommended that you avoid using paper towels in your air fryer and instead get a silicone mat or parchment paper to use instead. This will help prevent the risk of fire while still providing a barrier between your food and the hot oil or grease.
How to Use the Paper Towel in the Basket Safely?
Using the paper towel in the air fryer basket safely is easy! Here are a few tips for making sure you’re using it correctly:
- 1. Use it to grease the bottom of the basket. This will help prevent food from sticking and give you a delicious crust on your fried food.
- 2. Use it to clean the basket before and after cooking (you’ll notice that it absorbs water and fats very well). It’s also great for wiping down surfaces around your kitchen!
- 3. You can use paper towels anytime before and after cooking, but not during cooking. This is because the paper towel is made of fibers that can catch fire
I know the main reason you want to use the paper towel is cleaning, so let’s learn how to clean an air fryer deeply and easily, step by step!
And you may also wonder if parchment paper and wax paper can go in the air fryer, they are the same function in our kitchen. We will reveal the answer later
How to Keep Air Fryer Clean, Steps and Tools
Here are some tips for keeping your air fryer clean and in tip-top shape.
- 1. Make sure you have a brush with stiff bristles. There are many great air fryer accessories that each food lover won’t miss, clean tool is one of them. These will help scrub off any stuck-on food particles from your air fryer’s basket or lid, usually where most of the grime builds up. You can also use a toothbrush if you don’t have one handy.
- 2. Take apart your air fryer and wash every part separately using soap and hot water—but be careful not to soak any electrical components!
- 3. You can also use a damp cloth to wipe down the outside of your machine if there’s no visible mess inside it yet (make sure it doesn’t get too wet).
- 4. Be gentle when washing your air fryer parts—they’re delicate! Don’t scrub too hard or use harsh cleaners because they could damage the finish on the plastic.
Can You Put a Napkin in an Air Fryer?
You can’t put a napkin in an air fryer!
A napkin is not meant for acting as a “liner” in an air fryer or any other type of cooking appliance because it’s not meant to withstand high temperatures or get wet enough to hold onto its shape while being exposed to hot oil for long periods until everything cooks through properly without burning.
Can You Put Parchment Paper in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can use parchment paper in an air fryer!
It’s a great way to ensure your food doesn’t stick to the basket and burn. Just lay out some parchment paper on top of your basket, and then put your food on top of the paper. When the timer goes off, just take it out of the basket and eat!
Parchment papers are also helpful for making air-fried desserts like cookies or cake pops. It means you don’t need to use any oil at all, which makes it super healthy!
Can You Put Wax Paper in an Air Fryer?
No, you cannot. Wax paper is made of wax, melting at a very high temperature. An air fryer, on the other hand, has a heating element that heats up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If you try to put wax paper in an air fryer, it will melt and stick to the basket or walls of your appliance.
Alternatives to Paper Towels for Use in an Air Fryer
Here are some alternatives to paper towels for use in an air fryer:
You can use the steel bowls in the air fryer. It can help you cook easier as it’s a common conductor of heat.
You can use aluminum foil in an air fryer to protect the Air fryer from splatters. In addition, it’s also used as a cooking tool by wrapping food in it before placing it into the fryer.
Glass Baking Dishes
Glass baking dishes are an excellent alternative to paper towels for use in an air fryer. Glass is non-porous, so it won’t absorb the oil or grease from the food you’re cooking.
You can use perforated silicone to place over your food while it cooks in your air fryer. This will allow the heat to circulate evenly and cook your food evenly as well.
Skewers and Rack
You can use skewers or a grill rack instead of paper towels. This allows the hot air to circulate the food as it cooks, helping it cook more evenly. You can also use skewers to hold chicken wings in place while they cook.
You can use a baking pan instead of paper towels. Place the food on the tray and lower it into the air fryer basket.
What Can You Not Put in an Air Fryer?
The air fryer is a new way of cooking food that uses very little oil and very little heat. However, there are some foods that you cannot cook in an air fryer.
- Sugary Items: Anything that contains sugar will burn when you try to cook it in an air fryer. The sugar in the food will caramelize and stick to the sides of your air fryer. This can make it difficult to clean your air fryer, so avoid using sweet things like candy or fruit in your air fryer.
- Large Amounts of Liquid: The foods in your air fryer will release moisture during cooking. If you put too much fluid in your air fryer at once, the moisture will build up and cause your food to boil instead of fry.
- Fatty Food: Fatty foods like bacon and sausages should not be cooked in your air fryer. This is because they contain a lot of fat, which can splatter out of the basket when the hot air from the fan heats it up.
- Wax and Paper Liners: Air fryers use hot air for cooking food, so you don’t need to add any oil. The only thing that should go inside an air fryer is food. This means no foil, wax, or paper liners, which may cause the air fryer to overheat and burn out.
Can You Put Cardboard in the Air Fryer?
No, you cannot put cardboard in your air fryer. It can be burned easily in an air fryer.
Can You Put a Plate in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you can put a plate in the air fryer. The plate should be made of metal (typically stainless steel), and it is best to use a ceramic plate if you have one available.
Can You Put a Bowl in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you can put a bowl in the air fryer! The bowl has to be made of non-conductive material, like stainless steel or ceramic.
Can you put a paper towel in the air fryer? Yes, you can put paper towels in the air fryer with the right steps. However, this is not a recommended practice, and you shouldn’t do it if you are not prepared to deal with the consequences of putting paper towels into your air fryer.
If you do decide to put paper towels in your air fryer, do so only with the utmost caution and never without proper preparation or safety precautions.
My love for food was influenced by my brother, a chef at a 2-star Michelin restaurant, and we often exchange food knowledge together. It’s been 12 years since I first stepped into the kitchen, and with my vast experience and expertise, I will share many ideas on how to make dishes more delicious!