The Complete Guide to Use Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer, with recipes and manual!
The Emeril Lagasse air fryer can make anything from french fries to apple chips. But you can only get the best service from these air fryers if you know how to use them correctly.
You need to know how to set up the air fryers, the function of each button and how to cook in the different modes. If you do not understand all this, you will end up with a powerful and versatile air fryer that will not be very useful to you.
I have tried out a few of their air fryer models, and in this article, I will use my experiences to explain how to use an Emeril Lagasse air fryer.
The complete guide to enjoying the delicious food, here we go！
Setting up Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer
The first step will always be to do the initial setup. But don’t worry, you will not need to assemble anything as the air fryers come ready to use straight from the box.
The initial set-up only entails unboxing the appliance to see the accessories you get. You should then find a good spot on your kitchen counter for the machine, plug it in, and you are ready to start cooking.
Also, ensure you thoroughly wipe down the exterior and interior surfaces and wash all the accessories before use.
You should go through the user manual during the initial setup to get an insight into how to fit and use the different accessories like the rotisserie spit.
How to turn on Emeril Lagasse air fryer
The Emeril Lagasse air fryer does not have an ON button, so you only need to plug it in to turn it on.
You will need to plug the appliance into a 2-prong outlet. The manufacturer recommends that you don’t have any other appliance on the outlet to ensure the circuit does not overload. Also, you should not modify the plug or use the appliance with an extension cord.
While there is no ON/OFF button, you can still switch off the air fryer without unplugging it by simply pressing the cancel button for 3 seconds.
How to preheat Emeril Lagasse air fryer
You will need to preheat the air fryer before using it for the first time. Preheating helps burn off any residue in the appliance and the oils used to preserve the heating elements.
Preheating is also necessary for certain cooking modes such as air frying french fries and other foods or when you want to roast or slow cook.
When preheating, you only need to choose one of the presets that require preheating, such as air frying. The preheat indicator on the control panel will then start blinking.
You can tell the appliance has preheated when the blinking stops, as this indicates it has attained the desired cooking temperature.
How to clean Emeril Lagasse air fryer
It is important to clean your Emeril Lagasse air fryer after every use to keep it in good condition. Allow the air fryer to cool down completely before cleaning, and remember to unplug it from the socket.
Here is how to clean your machine in a few easy steps:
- Step 1: Start by removing all accessories from the air fryer
- Step 2: Wipe the exterior with a warm, moist cloth and gently scrub both sides of the door with soapy water.
- Step 3: Clean the oven interior using hot water and a mild detergent. If it requires scrubbing, use a non-abrasive sponge and never scrub the heating element. Also, ensure you thoroughly rinse the surface with a damp cloth.
- Step 4: The last step is to clean accessories like the drip tray, pizza rack, crisper tray, or basket, depending on the model you are using. Although most of these accessories are dishwasher-safe, the manufacturer recommends handwashing.
How to use Emeril Lagasse Power Airfryer 360 for cooking
The Emeril Lagasse Power Airfryer 360 is one of the brand’s most popular models, so we have to look at how to use it in more detail, starting with the functions of each button.
The functions of each button
- 1. LCD Panel – The LCD panels allow you to navigate the different options and settings. At the top of the panel, there is an Air Fry fan indicator that shows you when the fan is on, and next to it is the preheat indicator. There is also a heating element indicator to show you which heating element is active and a darkness indicator on the left side of the screen that shows the desired toasted level. The LCD screen also displays the temperature, cooking time, and cooking presets.
- 2. Temp/Darkness Control Knob – Allows you to adjust the cooking temperature and control the darkness/lightness when toasting bread or bagels.
- 3. Preset Knob – What you use to navigate different programs to choose the desired preset cooking function.
- 4. Time/Slice Knob – Use this button when toasting to customize the setting according to the number of slices.
- 5. °F/°C Button – You can use this button to get readings in degrees Fahrenheit or degrees celsius.
- 6. Light Button – This allows you to turn on the interior light when you want to check on the food as it is cooking.
- 7. Start/Pause Button – Use this button to start or pause cooking,
- 8. Cancel Button – This button cancels the cooking process, and you can also use it to switch off the air fryer by pressing the button for 3 seconds.
The Emeril Lagasse appliance has 12 cooking functions with cooking time and temperature preset to make things easier for you. The cooking functions include air fry, toast, bagel, pizza, bake, broil, rotisserie, slow cook, dehydrate, roast, warm, and reheat.
You can check the preset chart on the user manual for temperature range, default time, time range, and whether the preset needs preheating or not.
And besides the temperature and cooking time, the presets also differ in the use of the air fry function. Pushing the air fry button will activate the air frying fan for specific presets, like air fry, pizza, dehydrate, rotisserie, bake, slow cook, roast, and reheat.
How to use the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer Pro
The Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer Pro is a 7-in-1 appliance you can use to air fry, dehydrate, rotisserie, bake, broil, roast, and make pizza. Besides its versatility, the appliance is straightforward to use and takes little time to master.
The air fryer uses a digital display panel with one-touch functions for quick and easy operation. The functions include the cooking presets, a power button and the interior light, temperature control, rotation, and time control buttons.
Each button has a specific function that is clearly outlined in the user manual. For example, the internal light button allows you to switch on the interior light to see the food as it cooks, and the rotation button is used when you want to rotisserie something.
Setting up and using this air fryer is similar to the Power Airfryer 360, but this model has only 10 cooking functions compared to the latter, which has 12.
However, the 10 functions include presets for specific foods and not just cooking modes. For example, there is a preset for french fries, steak, fish, shrimp, and chicken.
Emeril Lagasse air fryer recipes and cookbook
Each Emeril Lagasse air fryer oven will come with a cookbook that includes dozens of recipes for making everything from french fries to cupcakes.
The recipe is highly detailed and will include a list of all the ingredients and step-by-step directions with a specific cook time. Also, they will have a picture of the dishes to give you an idea of what you want to create.
You can also buy and download a PDF copy of the recipe book if you want even more air frying ideas, as they have several of them available out there
Tips for Getting the Best Outcomes when Cooking with Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer
It will take some time to get used to these air fryers, especially if you have never used a similar appliance. However, here are some tips to help you get the best outcomes when air frying:
1. Never put oil in your air fryer
You should never put oil in the appliance regardless of what you are preparing or your cooking mode. The condensation in the air fryer will cause oil to sputter when it touches the hot food, making a mess. Applying a small amount of oil to the food before putting it in should be enough.
2. Stick with frozen fries
Stick with frozen french fries if you want that deep-fried taste and crisp. Using fresh potatoes soaked in water to make your french fries means they will probably end up raw in the middle when they come out of the machine.
3. Preheat the air fryer before use
Although not all foods and cooking modes will require preheating, it is important to remember to preheat for those that do. Preheating will give the food nice crispiness, reduce the cooking time and ensure it cooks more evenly. The Emeril Lagasse manual specifies all the cooking modes that require pre-heating, like air frying and roasting.
4. Wait for excess moisture to evaporate before removing food from the air fryer
You should avoid the temptation of pulling out the tray or basket immediately and instead give it a few minutes to allow any excess moisture to evaporate. Also, you should wait 10 minutes before using the air fryer again after cooking for the excess water to evaporate.
5. Remember to turn food at the halfway point
An air fryer will distribute heat around the food from all directions to ensure more even cooking. However, you still need to flip at halfway to ensure it crisps and browns evenly.
6. Use oven mitts when removing food from the air fryer
Always use oven mitts to remove hot food from an air fryer instead of tongs. Mitts are safe and more convenient as they make it easy to hold and handle hot food with a lower risk of burning yourself.
Can you use aluminum foil in the Emeril Lagasse air fryer?
Yes, you can use aluminum foil on the Emeril Lagasse air fryer and most other air fryer types. Aluminum foil can help improve heat distribution for faster and more even cooking and make cleanup easier. However, the official site does not recommend using aluminum foil on your Emeril Lagasse, so it is best to avoid it.
What are the different Emeril Lagasse air fryer models?
The Emeril Lagasse line includes several models. Here is a list of the most popular ones:
- Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 SAFO Series
- Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 XL SAFO-Series
- Emeril Lagasse French Door AirFryer 360 FAFO-Series
- Emeril Lagasse AirFryer Pro 6 Qt. RA-Series
- Emeril Lagasse Power Grill 360
You can visit their official site for more information on these air fryers.
The Emeril Lagasse series of air fryers are some of the best performing and most versatile in the market. These powerful air fryers allow you to make all your favorite foods without using too much oil and do it much faster.
And while they might have some advanced features and functions, they are pretty easy to use. You should get the hang of it quickly with this article to guide you.
That wraps up this article on how to use the Emeril Lagasse air fryers. Drop me a comment below if you have something to add, and remember to share this article.
My love for food was influenced by my brother, a chef at a 2-star Michelin restaurant, and we often exchange food knowledge together. It’s been 12 years since I first stepped into the kitchen, and with my vast experience and expertise, I will share many ideas on how to make dishes more delicious!
2 thoughts on “[Step By Step Manual]How to Use Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer 360”
I purchased your simple 5.5 quart model used on fb.?Absolutely love it.
I like the directions here.