How to Use Gourmia Air Fryer For First Time according to 6 Steps and 8 Pro Tips
Gourmia air fryer has been the talk of the town for a while now. How to use a Gourmia air fryer is all that you need to know for you to grab one from the marketplace. We got you at heart as air fryer enthusiasts, and we won’t mind addressing it.
I know there are many air fryer brands, but you choose Gourmia. Thumbs up, you made a good choice. We have made a full list of the best 10 Gourmia air fryers, let me see if your model is on our list. Unlike other air fryer brands with up to six custom presets, most of its products have up to 12 presets, so it will be a bit complex to use the Gourmia air fryer well.
In this article, we will show you how it works and safety information. That is not enough; we will also give you a step-by-step guide, quick tips, and how to set it up.
There is still more towards the end that you must pay attention to. Keep the spin rolling to end the curiosity!
How Gourmia Air Fryer Works
The Gourmia has a powerful fan that circulates superhot air around your meal. With no oil or a sprinkle of oil, it cooks the food to a crisp and leaves no grease or fat. Besides, you can prepare foods that need a deep fryer without getting the appliance.
When buying Gourmia air fryers, consider your kitchen space and family size. The kitchen space will limit you from getting a more significant appliance. And the family size will help you get the exact capacity to serve your whole family.
Other than that, you should consider safety first. It feels nice getting out of your kitchen without any accidents. So let’s talk about it.
Safety Tips On How to Use Gourmia Air Fryer
When using a Gourmia air fryer, the last thing we expect is to come out without a single injury. Before using it, you should be familiar with the safety information. Check out to stay safe while cooking and have a peaceful mind.
- Avoid touching your rotating basket while cooking, as it may burn you. Always use tongs to remove food from the basket.
- Keep everything off the air fryer where the fan is situated since the place tends to be super hot and may start a fire.
- Ensure that all removable parts are intact before operating your Gourmia appliance
- Always read the user manual and instructions to know what to do when using the appliance.
- Before cleaning the appliance, ensure it is unplugged, and the power is turned off. Doing so will protect you from electrical shock.
- Do not cover the air vents on the back or sides of your appliance while cooking, as it may cause overheating.
How to Use Gourmia Air Fryer: 5-Step Guide
With the safety information, it’s time to understand how to use your Gourmia air fryer. But before that, let me show you how to set it up.
How to Set Up
Before you decide to get the Gourmia appliance, I am sure you checked on your kitchen counter space. Meaning the machine you got will fit in it without trouble.
After unboxing your appliance, using one hand, hold the side handles as you press the top handle down using your thumb. Then pull your lid handle back and tilt it forward to take out the lid.
Apply some pressure to remove the lid gasket and clean it with warm, soapy water. Before putting it back in the base of your cooking chamber, ensure it is scorched.
Put food into the air fryer basket and be careful not to obstruct the airflow. And any setup that you will need to do will rely on the instructions given.
Before beginning use, ensure that every part is clean and well-assembled. Also, do a quick check to ensure that everything is well set. Call customer care services if the appliance is not performing to your expectations.
5 Steps on How to Use Gourmia Air Fryer
1. Prepare the Necessary Ingredients
The first thing you need to do is to prepare all the ingredients you want to cook. For example, if you are preparing meat, you should cut it into small but uniform pieces.
You can then add some flavors like salt and any other spices to the meat and then cook it in your pan. It’s always essential to spray or brush your food with oil to prevent sticking.
2. Put Your Ingredients Into Your Air Fryer
Put your favorite meal into the air fryer basket and ensure that the food has enough space of about half an inch. Doing so will prevent the foods from getting stuck as you air fry. After that, slide your frying basket into the air fryer to start cooking.
3. Set the Temperature and Time to match Your Food
The good thing about the Gourmia air fryer is that it’s more convenient than other appliances. Also, it has a digital control panel that is easy for even a kid to use.
Depending on what you want to prepare, select a time and temperature to match it. The Gourmia air fryer has a control dial knob on the top to help you adjust time and temperature.
Yes, an air fryer does not do away with your food’s nutrients. But it’s good to ensure that time does not go beyond twenty minutes. In case you are preparing vegetables, time should not exceed 7 minutes and 400 degrees.
4. Use Cooking Time Drum for Safety Purposes
What you want to avoid is overcooking and undercooking your food. And so we don’t want to let moisture and heat escape from the food while cooking. To be on the safer side, attach a cooking time drum to the tray to achieve the best result.
The good thing is that you can find the drums in many colors, like blue, orange, and even silver. That way, it will be easy to check the food without opening the fryer.
5. Cooking Progress
We want the best of the best and Gourmia is going to do that. The Gourmia appliance has two unique functions: Forward and Inverted air cooking. So you will select these functions depending on what you want.
The forward function blows the cold air from the front grill to the back for maximum crispy cooking. And the inverted functions blow the cold air from top to base, preventing overcooking at the base and undercooking at the top.
6. Cleaning the Air Fryer
Now, you already know how to use your air fryer successfully. After the entire process above, you need to clean the Gourmia product for the next use. Remember sweet and delicious meals rely on clean devices.
Are you wondering how to clean your gourmet appliance? Do not worry, I will show you how to go about it without trouble later in this article. Keep scrolling!
8 Pro Tips for a more delicious meal when Using Gourmia Air Fryer
The primary purpose of the Gourmia air fryer is to lower calories and fat than other methods. Let’s look at eight quick tips for using it.
- Line the drip pan below your air fryer basket with aluminum foil to make cleaning a breeze.
- Coat your meals with little oil to avoid sticking to the basket and get crispier foods.
- Preheat the Gourmia appliance for at least five minutes before putting your food in it. Thanks to the cool side feature, that helps in reducing hot spots without overcooking.
- If you are cooking healthier meals, it is simple to replace oil with water.
- Ensure you do not overload your Gourmia air fryer to avoid overcooking the edges.
- You can use the roast and bake settings to reheat your leftovers.
- Always set a time below 20 minutes to maintain the food’s nutrients.
- You can select the settings as high, medium, or low, depending on the food you cook.
Common 6 Mistakes to Avoid When Using Gourmia Air Fryer
- Only use less oil when using the Gourmia air fryer since an air fryer does not need much oil to fry to crispy.
- Do not overcrowd your air fryer basket, as it may ruin your meal. If you need more, you can choose to cook in batches.
- Do not use an air fryer for cooking foods, as it only prepares meals that have been fried.
- It should take less than seven minutes to prepare vegetables.
- Do not forget to double your fryer’s temperature to ensure it is correct. Remember to consider any smoking point that results from the type of oil you use.
- oil should not go to the air fryer basket; instead, it should coat your food.
Must You Preheat the Gourmia Air Fryer?
Preheating your Gourmia air fryer will depend on what you are about to prepare. Some recipes may need you to preheat the appliance for at least five minutes, and some may not. However, it is optional to preheat your Gourmia air fryer before cooking.
Preheating helps in speeding up your cooking time hence saving time. And your food will get crispier with a tender inside.
How to Clean the Gourmia Air Fryer
Cleaning the Gourmia air fryer should be a routine after every cooking. It will help in lowering the buildups that may damage the machine. Here is how to go about it:
- Before cleaning, ensure that you unplug the device from the power source.
- Take a non-abrasive sponge to wipe the food particles from the surface. A soft cloth will also work better.
- Remove leftovers from the lid opening as you take out any removable parts.
- Use a mixture of vinegar and water to replace soap and detergent. Then scrub down your machine until it sparkles clean.
- After cleaning, let the pieces dry up to store for subsequent use.
Gourmia Air Fryer Manual Summary: How to Use it
Place the fryer on a horizontal and stable heat-resistant surface. Then put the crisper tray in the basket and slide it into the Gourmia air fryer.
Plug your Gourmia product into the outlet to switch it on. After that, set your preferred presser and adjust the time and temperature to match it. And dial the start button.
After pressing the start button, your Gourmia product will display ‘preheat.’ It will then preheat for five minutes.
On completion, it will show ‘add food’; you will then remove the basket to add food. But be careful since the fryer basket will be super hot.
Slide your basket back and disable the preheat setting before starting to air fry.
When your food is ready, you will take it out and put it in a heat-resistant place. Using tongs, you can remove your food to serve.
check the official manual here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I Clean My Air Fryer Before Using it for the First Time?
You should clean your air fryer before using it for the first time to eliminate any substance left. Also, running the device several times is good to do away with the toxic smells.
But before you can switch the device to run for ten minutes, ensure that every part is dry and has no wetness.
Does the Gourmia Air Fryer Need Oil?
You do not need oil when using the Gourmia air fryer since it’s optional. Most people love their food less crispy and others crispier. So it depends on your preference whether you need to add oil.
For instance, if you love extra crispier meals, coat your food with oil before putting it in the device. The process also helps in preventing meals from sticking to the fryer basket.
What Can’t You Cook in the Air Fryer?
As much as an air fryer is versatile, there are things that you cannot cook in it. You can cook anything from chicken to French fries to roasting, except any meal with wet batters.
Also, grains like raw rice should not go into the air fryer since the air fryer does not cook but air fries. If you have to put rice into the air fryer, it must be cooked rice.
Can You Put Foil on a Gourmia Air Fryer?
Putting foil in the air fryer makes cleaning a walkover. So yes, you can set the foil in the Gourmia air fryer. The foil even works better when baking. But, some people fear that foil may cause a fire.
Aluminum foil is safe to use in a Gourmia air fryer. Ensure it does not touch the heating element by putting food on top.
Can You Open the Air Fryer While Cooking
No, it is not good to open the air fryer while cooking since it can make your food not cook evenly. We want to ensure your delicious meal is good, so you will be keen not to open the food as it cooks.
The good thing about most air fryers is that they have internal light to watch your food as it cooks. It means there is no need to open the appliance to check on your food. Just set the time and temperature and wait for the timer notification.
What is the Warranty On the Gourmia Air Fryer?
A warranty shows that the brand believes in its work and is ready to cater to risks that you may encounter. And I am happy that Gourmia air fryer is one of the brands to trust. It has a warranty of one year.
One thing about the warranty is that it will cover careless maintenance and improper use. It only covers craft or material defects.
Knowing how to use your Gourmia product is the best thing you can ever do for yourself. It will help prevent injuries or damages and even add more life to the product. After all, who would want to destroy their reliable kitchen appliance before it can last?
I hope our article is helpful. Please remember to leave a comment If you still have any other questions. Just rate this post!
My love for food was influenced by my brother, a chef at a 2-star Michelin restaurant, and we often exchange food knowledge together. It’s been 12 years since I first stepped into the kitchen, and with my vast experience and expertise, I will share many ideas on how to make dishes more delicious!