the best 10 chefman air fryers reviews according to 6 features
One of the best ways to ensure you end up with a good air fryer is to stick with well-established brands like Chefman. Chefman has been making kitchen appliances for many years. You can be sure they understand what makes a good air fryer.
The brand also has various air fryers that differ in type, capacity, and features. If you are still unsure whether the brand will work for you, this post will help. We explain the most realistic user experience you need to know about the Chefman air fryers.
Also, the post reviews 10 of the best Chefman air fryer models, you will get a feel of their products with real-life cooking experiences. No matter what kind of air fryer you want, you can always find the answer in this post!
Let’s start with a quick overview of the Chefman brand!
Is the Chefman brand good? is chefman worth it？
Chefman is a US-based kitchen appliance manufacturer which has been operating since 2011. Its headquarters are in the USA, but they have offices in Canada and Mexico.
Over the years, Chefman has focused on making innovative kitchen appliances. Their appliances aim to provide a good cooking experience and save time.
They have a long list of products besides air fryers. Their catalog includes other things like coffee makers, mini-fridges, and many other appliances.
Advantages of Chefman air fryers
- Multifunctional – The majority of Chefman air fryers are multifunctional. Besides air frying, they can roast, toast, rotisserie, dehydrate and do much more depending on the model. And so one of these air fryers will replace several appliances.
- Innovative technologies – The exact technology you get depends on the specific Chefman air fryer. But, the brand uses technologies like Rapid Air Technology and shake reminder in most air fryers. These technologies make their products more efficient and convenient for users.
- Space saving – Chefman makes their air fryer to suit the modern kitchen with limited counter space. They are compact and space-saving. Even their larger models will not take up a lot of kitchen counter space.
- Easy to use – Most Chefman air fryers use digital controls. They are some of the easiest to use in the market. The manufacturer also provides a highly detailed manual.
What size of chefman air fryer do I need?
There is no right or wrong air fryer size. It all depends on your needs. If you are unsure what size you need, here are a few factors:
1. Family size – The size of your family or the number of people you cook for often is the first consideration. The more people you cook for, the larger the air fryer you need. For example, if you cook for a family of 2 or 3 people, a 4 or 5-quart air fryer is good enough.
2. Kitchen counter space – An air fryer is a small appliance that still needs a dedicated space in your kitchen. And so the amount of space you have will impact the air fryer size you choose.
3. Budget – An air fryer with a large capacity will typically cost more than a small one. And so, if you are on a tight budget, you are better off going for a small model.
4. Preferences and cooking habits – Some home cooks prefer small, compact air fryers, as they are portable, while others want the largest. Also, if your cooking habits entail cooking large meals or whole chicken rotisserie, you need a large air fryer. Something with at least a 6-quart capacity is good.
Best 10 Chefman Air Fryers Reviews: from small to big
Here is a review of some popular Chefman air fryers, from smaller ones to the big, high-capacity models.
1. Chefman 3.6 QT Small Air Fryer Healthy Cooking
- Space-saving design – The compact size of this air fryer means it will not take up any significant space on your kitchen counter.
- Highly versatile – Despite the small size, this air fryer can cook everything from crispy french fries to meatballs and chicken strips.
- Simple operation – There is only a dual knob on the air fryer to control all the settings, making using it super easy.
- Easy to clean- The dishwasher-safe basket makes cleanup a breeze. Also, the rest of the air fryer surfaces only need a simple wipe-down with a soft sponge.
- Small capacity –You will not be able to cook a whole chicken in this air fryer, given its small capacity.
- No presets – There are no presets on this air fryer like you get on many other models from Chefman.
Any home cook looking for a sleek and space-saving air fryer for use in the kitchen, the Chefman Small Air Fryer Healthy Cooking is perfect. The 3.6-quart air fryer is one of the smallest from the brand but is still as versatile as their other models.
What makes this small air fryer stand out is that despite its size, it can do everything the larger air fryers do. You can air fryer, roast your favorite meat cuts and chicken thighs, or heat your leftovers.
Many home cooks love that it makes food super crispy while keeping the interior moist. And so, if you love making french fries, onion rings, and crunchy Brussels sprouts, this will be your favorite appliance. Cooking is also quite straightforward; you only need to select the time and temperature and wait.
Also, it is an easy appliance to clean and maintain. The air fryer basket is dishwasher-safe to ensure easy cleaning. And because it includes a timer and auto shut-off, you never have to worry about safety.
2. Chefman Turbofry Air Fryer 4.5 Qt Healthy Cooking
- Easy cooking – The included cooking presets make it easy to cook common foods and help speed up the process
- Looks fantastic in the kitchen – A sleek stainless steel finish ensures it looks great in any kitchen.
- Shake reminder – Includes a shake reminder to ensure you always get more evenly cooked foods.
- Small footprint – Despite having a larger capacity, this air fryer still takes up little kitchen counter space.
- No power button – Some users might find the absence of a power button a little inconvenient. But it should not be an issue once you get used to the appliance.
The larger Chefman Air Fryer 4.5 Qt Healthy Cooking is a good alternative if the small air fryer above does not work well for you. Better still, you can get it without spending a lot of extra cash. And it is still quite compact and space-saving for families with limited counter space.
The 4.5-quart air fryer also includes fries, chicken, steak, and fish presets. And so using it will be even more effortless. There is also a single knob for controlling temperature and time and capacitative touch control for simple operation.
Other things like the automatic shut-off function and shake reminder make this a safer and more convenient air fryer. And users also love the stainless steel finish that ensures the appliance will look great in any kitchen.
This air fryer has proved to be more efficient and faster than a convection oven when cooking frozen foods. Also, it delivers crispier results, and the food cooks more evenly. If you cook frozen fries, chicken tenders, and patties a lot, it is a perfect choice for you.
3. Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer
- No preheating required – The powerful heating element ensures the air fryer gets to optimal cooking temperature quickly. This eliminates the need for preheating.
- Multifunctional – Can replace your toaster and convectional ovens, microwave, and many other appliances in the kitchen.
- Dishwasher-safe – Dishwasher-safe accessories like bowls and baskets make cleaning up a breeze.
- Small drip tray – The small drip tray is a common gripe some users have with this air fryer. But this should not affect your cooking as you can easily empty the tray before it overflows.
If you don’t like waiting for your air fryer to preheat, you should go for the Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer. The air fryer uses a powerful heating element that ensures it reaches the ideal cooking temperature fast with no preheating.
The powerful heating element also combines with Rapid Air Technology to quickly deliver crispy foods with an excellent texture. Also, this multifunctional air fryer can air fry, bake, rotisserie, dehydrate, reheat, and do much more.
The digital air fryer is easy to operate with a capacitative digital control system. There are also 8 versatile presets for common air-fried foods. And it comes with all accessories, including an air fry basket and removable racks.
Regarding the actual cooking performance, this air fryer makes some great chicken wings. The wings have just the right crispiness and perfect color. Many home cooks also love how well it makes pork roast and rotisserie chicken.
4. Chefman Large Air Fryer 6.5 Qt XL
- Space-saving design – Flat basket increases capacity without increasing the air fryer’s footprint.
- Cleans easily – The basket is dishwasher safe to ensure it cleans easily and minimizes air fryer downtime.
- Nice touch controls – The controls are intuitive and easy to figure out. Even absolute newbies will have an easy time using the appliance.
- Exterior gets hot when cooking – The exterior can sometimes get hot when cooking at high temperatures.
The Chefman Large Air Fryer 6.5 Qt XL is just the right model for those who prefer basket-style air fryers but want something larger. The 6.5-quart air fryer can easily fit a whole chicken. There is enough room to make french fries for the entire family in one batch.
Despite the larger capacity, the air fryer still does not take up a lot of space. It uses an innovative flat basket design. The design increases the cooking space without making the appliance larger.
The operation should be straightforward, thanks to the digital touch screen. And this is also a versatile air fryer with 4 cooking functions.
Although this is a multifunctional air fryer, we agree that it does a much better job of air frying. Whether air frying fries or chicken wings, the air fryer delivers consistently crispy results and even browning. But, it also does an amazing job reheating leftovers without making them soggy.
5. Chefman 7.4 QT Electric Indoor Air Fryer Grill Combo
- Smokeless grilling – This allows for indoor grilling as it can grill without producing any smoke, regardless of what you are cooking.
- One-touch presets – Simple one-touch presets make the air fryer easy to use and allow inexperienced users to cook like a pro.
- Built to last – This air fryer is built for many years of service. It uses heavy-duty materials like die-cast aluminum.
- Not effective enough at containing grease – Sometimes, you might get some grease on your kitchen counter. But this is nothing to worry about
The Chefman Electric Indoor Air Fryer + Grill is designed to work as an air fryer and grill. As an indoor grill, it allows you to enjoy your barbeques even when the weather outside is unfavorable.
The 7.4-quart air fryer has enough room to cook food for a small crowd. Also, it is an easy-to-use appliance with one-touch presets for all common foods. And it can heat up to 500˚F to allow you to cook almost anything. Moreover, monitoring the food’s doneness is easier with the removable thermometer probe.
Other features that make this an outstanding air fryer include the intuitive digital display for easy operation. There is also a stay-cool handle for safety and a mesh splatter shield to prevent messes.
This air fryer is perfect for grilling indoors without worrying about smoke. It grills everything from hotdogs to burgers, steaks, and chicken to perfection. The air fryer also leaves food with nice grill marks when grilling.
6. Chefman 2 in 1 Max XL 8 Qt Air Fryer
- Dual cooking – Includes a basket divider to allow you to cook two different foods at a go.
- User-friendly design – Everything from the basket design to the digital controls is designed to give users an easy time.
- Sleek and space-saving – The stainless steel finish gives this air fryer a sleek look. And its compact design makes it perfect for homes with limited kitchen space.
- Easy and quick clean-up – The basket is dishwasher safe, and the other surfaces only need a quick wipe with a damp cloth.
- Has a chemical smell when new – This air fryer has a strong chemical smell when using it for the first few times. But, thorough cleanup and a few minutes of preheating before first use should take care of this.
Everything about the Chefman 2 in 1 Max XL 8 Qt Air Fryer ensures users have an easy time. For starters, it has a dual cooking function that allows you to divide the basket into two separate cooking compartments.
Since the basket has an 8-quart capacity, you can still cook large portions of food in the two compartments. Also, you can easily adjust the time and temperature to suit any food you are cooking.
The air fryer is sleek and compact. The stainless steel finish ensures it will look good in your kitchen. Also, it comes in a compact design with a square basket. It takes little counter space and is easy to store when not in use.
One of the best cooking experiences when using this air fryer is being able to cook two different dishes at a go. Many users love the ability to cook their french fries and chicken strips in one batch. It saves both time and energy. And with the shake reminder to remind you when it is time to shake, you can be sure of consistently perfect outcomes.
7. Chefman 10 QT Multifunctional Digital Air Fryer
- All-in-one – Multufunctinal air fryer that can handle most rapid cooking and baking functions. It can easily replace most of the cooking appliances in your kitchen.
- Multiple rack levels – The 3 rack levels allow you to cook three different dishes simultaneously to save time.
- Easy to use – Touch screen with intuitive buttons allows for quick and easy operation.
- Convenient interior lighting – The included interior lighting makes it easy to monitor the food as it cooks without opening the door.
- Mesh racks can be challenging to clean – The mesh racks can be hectic to clean before getting the hang of them.
The Chefman Multifunctional Digital Air Fryer is designed for home cooks that prefer a large capacity air fryer with shelves. The 10-quart digital air fryer is an all-in-one appliance. It will replace your dehydrator, convection oven, and rotisserie. Better yet, it can do almost everything that these appliances will do and more.
You can be sure of an easy time using this appliance. It includes 17 presets for common food types and an easy-to-use digital touch screen. Also, it comes with all the accessories you need for the different cooking functions. And most are dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
This air fryer is perfect for you if you want to save time cooking large batches of food. Besides having a larger 10-quart capacity, it has 3 rack levels. You can easily cook your entire meal of potatoes, air-fried chicken, and veggies simultaneously.
Home cooks that have tried cooking three different foods at a go are happy with the outcomes. The powerful heating element and fan ensure the hot air still circulates well around all the food. Everything still cooks even and fast enough.
8. Chefman 9 QT TurboFry Touch Dual Air Fryer
- Shake reminder – You never have to forget to shake your food again; this appliance will always remind you to ensure even cooking.
- Dual cooking – This air fryer allows you to cook two different meals simultaneously. It has two large-capacity baskets that you can control independently.
- Maximum crisp – A combination of design elements and features ensures your food is always as crispy as possible.
- The control panel is a little dim – The controls do not seem very bright. But, you should still be able to see them even in the dark.
Chefman TurboFry Touch Dual Air Fryer makes cooking for big families easy. It has two large-capacity baskets that can cook at different temperatures and times. Each basket also has a stay-cool handle for safe handling.
The air fryer is multifunctional as it can air fry, bake, roast, and do much more. Moreover, there are also 8 cooking presets to make it easy to cook common foods. And you can easily select your preferred cooking mode thanks to the intuitive digital controls.
You will no longer worry about forgetting to shake your food at the halfway point as there is a shake reminder. The LED shake reminder alerts you when it is time to shake.
The air fryer is safe to use thanks to the auto shut-off function that prevents it from overheating. And it is also easy to clean since most accessories are dishwasher safe, and the matte black finish only needs a quick wipe.
If you prefer your food to be as crispy as possible, this air fryer will not disappoint you. It seems to make food a little crispier than other air fryers. Whether it is french fries or chicken wings, you can be sure of getting some extra crisp. Also, this air fryer seems to outperform most other models when it cooks veggies. They always turn out amazingly.
9. Chefman Air Fryer Toaster Oven XL 20L
- Multifunctional – This air fryer can air fry, bake, broil, warm, and do much more.
- Large capacity – There is enough room in the air fryer to cook for a crowd of people within a short time.
- Auto shutoff – Shuts off when the door is open for extra user safety.
- Multiple accessories – It has several high-quality accessories to give you even more cooking options.
- Analog interface – The analog interface can be a turn-off for some home cooks. It is not as sleek as the digital ones. But it is still easy to use.
With a 20-quart capacity and multiple rack levels, the Chefman Air Fryer Toaster Oven XL 20L is your best bet when cooking for a crowd. There is enough room to fit a large chicken, several steaks, or a 12-inch pizza.
The air fryer is also multifunctional. The 7-in-1 appliance can air fry, broil, rotisserie, toast, bake, warm, and roast. And so it will easily replace your toaster oven and several other appliances. Moreover, it comes with several accessories to support these different cooking functions. The accessories include a broiling pan, air fry basket, baking rack, and crumb tray.
Safety is also a priority as the unit has auto-shutoff and is UL certified. And cleaning the toaster oven should be effortless. The accessories are dishwasher safe, and the interior surfaces are nonstick.
The toaster oven works as it should for all 7 functions. But, most users seem to appreciate just how even it toasts bread. Also, the air frying function leaves foods like fries super crispy even when you use little to no oil. Also, veggies cook fast and evenly in the air fry basket, and you will not need to do a lot of flipping.
10. Chefman Toast-Air Touch Air Fryer Oven
- Large capacity – Family-size air fryer with one of the largest capacities Chefman offers.
- Supports phase cooking – Allows you to set and forget as it can automatically transition between different cooking phases.
- Wide temperature range – Supports a wider temperature range to allow you to cook even more food types.
- Multiple safety features – Includes several safety features, like a stay-cool handle for user safety.
- Easy view – Interior light makes it possible to see the food as it cooks without interfering.
- No pause button – A dedicated pause button would have been great. But, you can always pause the cooking by opening the door.
Whether cooking for a crowd of guests or a large meal for the family, the Chefman Toast-Air Touch Air Fryer + Oven is up to the task. The 21-quart capacity oven can easily fit multiple dishes at a go, a whole chicken, and even a 10-inch or larger pizza.
Since the air fryer supports phase cooking, you can set it and leave it. When one cooking phase is complete, it switches to the next. This way, you can be sure of getting even and consistent cooking.
Also, the appliance has a wider cooking temperature between 95˚F and 450 ˚F. And so you can use it for cooking almost anything. But you do not have to struggle to figure out the right cooking time and temperature for common dishes. It has 9 presets that determine them automatically.
Other things like clean-up are easy thanks to the crumb tray and dishwasher-safe accessories. Also, the appliance is safe as it has a stay-cool handle and over-heat protection.
When it comes to actual cooking performance, many users will love that this air fryer oven cooks frozen foods to perfection. Also, it does not dry out chicken wings, french fries, or fish sticks. And if you remember to drizzle a little oil on the food and choose the right cooking preset, they also end up with a nice crisp.
Buying Guide: How to choose the best Chefman air fryer for you
There is a Chefman air fryer out there for everyone. You just need to find what suits your needs best. Here are a few factors to consider that will make a choice easy for you:
Capacity is one of the first factors to consider. It determines what you can cook in the air fryer and how much food you can cook at a go.
Smaller capacity air fryers like the 3.6-quart Chefman Small Air Fryer Healthy Cooking is perfect for cooking for one or a couple of people. The size is perfect if you want something that you can use to cook a portion of french fries or a plate of veggies.
A larger model like the 21-quart Chefman Air Fryer Toast Oven is perfect if you want to rotisserie a whole chicken or even a turkey for thanksgiving. These large air fryers are also ideal for large families and for those that often have guests over. A large capacity air fryer allows you to cook large batches of food within a short time.
2. Overall dimensions
Air fryers are much smaller than conventional ovens, but the overall dimension still matters. You have to place them on your kitchen counter. And so whatever you buy needs to fit the space you have to spare.
The right idea here is to check how much space you want to dedicate to an air fryer. You should then choose a model that fits that space.
3. Cooking functions
Do you want an air fryer that can air fry, or do you want something more versatile? The good news is that most Chefman air fryers are multifunctional. And so you can be certain of ending up with something multifunctional regardless of your choice.
That said, it is still important to look at the specific functions that the air fryer supports. A good one should at least air fry, bake, toast, roast, reheat, and warm food.
But if you prefer something even more versatile, look for other functions like dehydrate, rotisserie, slow cook, and broil.
A good air fryer should make life easier for you by including presets. But the number of presets varies from one model to the other. The more presets you get, the better, as you can cook most foods by just pressing one button.
Even if you are shopping for an inexpensive, small-capacity Chefman air fryer, make sure it has a preset for the basic things you cook. A model with a preset for french fries, chicken, fish, steak, veggies, pizza, and bake, should be good enough.
Controls determine the ease of use of an air fryer. The good news is that most modern Chefman air fryers use a digital control panel.
Digital control panels are easy to figure out, even for absolute newbies. But it is important to ensure you understand each button’s function.
Some models will include a dial or knob, which should still be easy to use. Avoid anything with an overly complicated control panel, as it will give you a hard time.
6. Safety features
Air fryers look harmless, but you must keep safety in mind when choosing one. Remember, this is still an electrical appliance that cooks at temperatures up to 400 degrees or even more.
Something with a timer and auto shut-off should be safe enough. Also, a cETL-approved Chefman air fryer is better. The approval shows it uses advanced safety technology.
Chefman air fryer recipes and cookbook
Each Chefman air fryer will come with a free cookbook. The cookbook includes dozens of air fryer recipes created by professional chefs. Also, each recipe is tailored for air fryers. And so there is nothing in the cookbook you cannot cook in your air fryer.
You can buy a Chefman cookbook if you still need more ideas on what you can cook in your air fryer. Chefman has a cookbook with more recipes available for sale on Amazon. The Chefman Air Fryer Cookbook includes 250 easy and budget-friendly recipes that anyone can make.
How to use chefman air fryer, the manual
Using these air fryer ovens should not take a lot of effort. Chefman makes their appliances as simple to use as possible, even for absolute newbies.
How you go about it depends on the specific model you buy. But for most of their air fryers, you must first clean the accessories. Most are dishwasher-safe to make things easier, but you can also clean them in the sink with hot soapy water.
Also, you need to preheat the appliance for a few minutes before use to burn off the packaging oils.
When you finish the initial setup, you only need to choose your preferred preset, preheat the air fryer if necessary and cook what you want. Chefman provides detailed manuals that explain everything with all their models. For example, here is the PDF manual for the Chefman 6.3-Quart Digital Air Fryer.
How to clean the Chefman air fryers
Here is how to quickly clean your Chefman air fryer in a few easy steps:
Step 1: Unplug and allow the appliance to cool down completely before you start cleaning, as the hot air and hot surfaces pose a huge safety risk.
Step 2: Remove and clean all the accessories. If they are dishwasher safe, this should be quick and easy. But, if the manufacturer does not specify, you are better off cleaning them in the sink with hot soapy water.
Step 3: Wipe the exterior and interior surfaces of the air fryer oven with a damp soapy towel or paper towels. Never scrub the surfaces with anything abrasive, as they are quite delicate.
Note: A model with non-stick surfaces is easy to clean but more delicate. Nonstick surfaces are prone to peeling. Also, never immerse your air fryer in water, even if it looks watertight.
Chefman air fryer substitute: Cosori Pro Air Fryer Oven Combo
If the vast catalog of air fryers Chefman offers does not work for you, the air fryer with the highest sales volume on the market – Cosori Pro Air Fryer Oven Combo is a perfect substitute. For starters, Cosori is also a highly reputable brand famous for making top-quality and feature-rich air fryers.
The 5.8-quart air fryer with a square basket has enough space to cook large portions of food in one go. It is even large enough to fit a 5-pound whole chicken. The capacity is enough for cooking for your family of 3 to 5 people.
You can also be confident of consistently good cooking outcomes thanks to the NTC sensor and ThermoIQ Technology. These two technologies ensure the temperature remains consistent for more even cooking.
The air fryer is also quite versatile, with 13 different cooking functions. And it includes 11 presets, one-touch control, and shake reminders to make cooking hassle-free. Moreover, you also get at least 100 chef-created recipes to give you ideas of what to cook.
Are Chefman air fryers good?
Yes, Chefman makes some of the best air fryers on the market. The brand is famous for its highly innovative air fryers that use modern technologies. The goal is to give users an unforgettable air frying experience. Also, most are made to last with heavy-duty materials and are easy to clean and use.
Do Chefman air fryer have any Teflon?
Given its health implications, most leading kitchen appliance manufacturers are shifting from Teflon usage. As one of the market leaders, Chefman has been at the forefront of this campaign. Independent tests by relevant authorities and experts have not found any detectable levels of PFOA/PTFE in their air fryer non-stick coatings.
Can you use parchment paper or aluminum foil in a Chefman air fryer?
It is safe to use both parchment paper and aluminum foil in the Chefman air fryers. But it is still important to take some safety precautions. For example, you should not use parchment paper when air frying at high temperatures. The paper cannot handle intense heat. Also, avoid using aluminum foil when cooking acidic foods like tomato soup. Aluminum reacts with the acid and can break down quickly. You may end up with a lot of aluminum in the food.
From our reviews and guide above, it is clear that Chefman makes some of the best air fryers on the market. Also, they have something for everyone. Whether you prefer a small model for cooking for one or two people or a large one for entertaining a crowd, they have you covered.
It is important to note that their air fryers also differ in features and functions. And so you need to choose your model wisely. But, the choice should now be super easy with all the information in this post. Go ahead and pick what suits your needs best from our list.
Have you tried a Chefman air fryer before? Please share your experience in the comments section below.
My love for food was influenced by my brother, a chef at a 2-star Michelin restaurant, and we often exchange food knowledge together. It’s been 12 years since I first stepped into the kitchen, and with my vast experience and expertise, I will share many ideas on how to make dishes more delicious!