After reviewing the Power XL Air Fryer Grill Oven Combo, I found its 8 advantages and 3 defects
Steak off the grill, coupled with some nice crispy potato chips, is the perfect way to spend your afternoon in your backyard. But if you don’t have a grill, or if it’s raining and you can’t cook outside, your options are limited. And even if you have an indoor grill, it might still not cut it.
You will need something that can give you that intense heat to sear the meat and lock in all the flavors. Fortunately, in such scenarios, the Power XL Air Fryer Grill can come in handy. It’s one of the best air fryer grill combos that can do the job of an indoor grill, outdoor grill, and air fryer.
But wait a minute, this is an Air fryer; how can it help? How will it give me that perfect sear on my steak?
To help you answer these questions, this review will take an in-depth look at this kitchen appliance, how it works and what are its pros and cons. So sit tight, and let’s get started.
Power Xl Air Fryer Grill Overview
If you are a foodie, then you will definitely love the Power XL Air Fryer Grill. It is a versatile indoor grill that can do it all. From grilling meat and vegetables to crunching up some crispy kebabs, Power XL has got you covered. What’s more, the Power XL Air Fryer Grill is very easy to use. All you need to do is add your food to the grill, set the temperature and timer, and let it do its thing.
Unlike traditional grills that use high heat for cooking, the Power XL uses infrared heat to evenly cook the food from the inside out. This means your steak will be juicy and tender on the inside, with a nice crispy sear on the outside — all without any of the carcinogens that come with outdoor grilling.
8 superior Features Of The Power Xl Air Fryer Grill Combo
Experimenting with the Power XL Air Fryer Grill can be exciting— the possibilities are endless. Thanks to its multiple features, you can do many things with this appliance that you couldn’t do with other kitchen appliances.
Check the most notable features of the Power XL Air Fryer Grill, and we will talk about its disadvantages later!
1. Non-Stick Components, Easy To Clean
As they say, “a clean grill is a happy grill.” Well, the Power XL Air Fryer Grill comes with removable and dishwasher-safe parts, so you can easily clean it after every use. Most parts come off easily, so you won’t have to spend a lot of time scrubbing the grill.
For instance, when the drip pan catches the excess fat and oil, it can be taken out and washed in the sink. The same applies to the grill pan and the air fryer basket. And since the grill pan is non-stick, you can easily wipe it clean with a damp cloth or sponge.
2. Extra Large Capacity To Fit In A Whole Chicken
Power XL Air Fryer Grill is not your ordinary kitchen appliance:-Just imagine you can grill a whole chicken without having to cut it into pieces! The extra-large capacity of Power XL can accommodate a whole chicken or large cuts of meat. And not only that, you can do a complete meal in one go.
The manufacturer claims it can cook in 6 burgers, 1 whole chicken, or 4 racks of ribs with vegetables at a go. Most users have reported grilling a 7-pound chicken with vegetables, and it only took them 30 minutes. So whether you’re cooking for a party, your family or friends coming over for dinner, Power XL has got you covered.
3. Faster Cooking By Superheated Cyclonic Air Circulation
One of the reasons the Power XL Air Fryer Grill is so popular is that it can cook food faster than other kitchen appliances. We realized that this Airfryer grill cooks food up to 40% faster than other similar products on the market. The secret behind this is the superheated cyclonic air circulation.
Thanks to this feature, you can cook food evenly and quickly. Plus, no more cold spots or overcooked edges. Whether you’re grilling, roasting, or baking, Power XL Air Fryer Grill will give you consistent results every time. Gone are the days when you had to wait for hours for the grill to heat up; the Power XL starts cooking as soon as you turn it on. The hot air will instantly heat up the grill pan to the desired temperature, so you can start cooking right away.
4. Indoor Searing And Grilling Feature
We all love the smoky taste of grilled food but not the hassle of setting up an outdoor grill. Sometimes it’s just too much trouble, especially if you’re grilling for a small group. But the fact that you can do it indoors with Power XL Air Fryer Grill is just a game-changer.
This air fryer grill has an indoor searing and grilling feature that gives you that perfect char on your food. All you need to do is set the temperature to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and wait for 2 minutes. After that, you can start grilling your food. We totally loved this feature!
In fact, at one point, we were hosting a BBQ in the backyard, and it started raining; all we did was move the Power XL Air Fryer Grill indoors and continued grilling. Talk about convenience – it practically saved our event!
5. Recipe book
Who doesn’t like a good recipe book? Most cooks agree that these little books are a godsend. They can get you out of a cooking rut or help you make something new and delicious. The Power XL Air Fryer Grill comes with a recipe book packed with delicious and easy-to-follow recipes. The best part is that all the recipes are specifically designed for this appliance.
Some of these recipes are mind-borging; for example, the Philly Cheesesteak Recipe and the Chicken Parmesan Dinner Recipe are simply amazing. This book also has recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even snacks. And if you’re looking for something healthy, there are recipes for that too.
So whether you’re a beginner or an experienced cook, you’ll find something in this book that you’ll love.
6. 8 in 1 Function Modes, Easy To Use
Packed with 8 function modes, the Power XL Air Fryer Grill is one of the most versatile air fryers on the market. Users praise this appliance for how easy it is to use, even for beginners, and we agree. The 8 function modes make it so simple to cook anything you want. All you have to do is select the mode and let Power XL do its thing.
One user on amazon even joked that you could do this while sleeping. Of course, we don’t recommend that, but Power XL is really that easy to use. Here are all 8 function modes:
- Air fry
7. Great temperature range
In any form of cooking, whether it’s grilling, baking, or frying, the temperature is key. That’s why this kitchen appliance is equipped with a temperature range of 180-450 degrees Fahrenheit. It can handle practically any recipe you throw at it.
As we soon realized, the Power XL Air Fryer Grill is one of the few air fryers with an extraordinary temperature range. We also loved how it’s pretty easy to use and set different temperature ranges. This is important as a wide temp range can be the difference between a perfectly cooked meal or a disaster.
So if you want to get those authentic char grill marks on your meat, just cruck up the temperature to your liking, and remember, you can always adjust depending on the recipe.
8. Complete Accessories Set
Cooking is an art; to be precise, grilling is an art, and like any art form, it requires the right tools. Most people think cooking is simply about getting the ingredients and throwing them all together. But that’s not always the case; sometimes, you need a little help from some cool gadgets.
For example, you might need a meat thermometer to get your steak’s tenderness and flavor. Power XL thought of this and included a digital meat thermometer in the set. No longer do you have to worry about overcooking or undercooking your steak.
But that’s not all; the Power XL Air Fryer Grill also comes with a rotisserie kit, 2 air flow racks, a drip pan, and even a skewer rack. All these accessories will help you cook like a pro and make the most of your air fryer grill.
How It Works As An Air Fryer And Grill At The Same Time
Well, let’s just say the Power XL Air Fryer Grill is a true powerhouse. It uses the “Rapid Air Technology,” the same technology used in commercial restaurants to cook food. Not only can it air fry your food, but it can also grill, bake, and roast.
When making this kitchen appliance, the manufacturers opted to combine the conventional air fryer with an infrared grill. And the result was a powerful and efficient machine that could do it all. We love to joke that this machine is like the terminator; it can do everything -It’s like having an air fryer, grill, and oven all in one. Talk about versatility.
So how does it work? Power XL Air Fryer Grill uses both hot air and an infrared grill to cook your food. The hot air cooks the food from the outside while the infrared grill locks in all the juices and flavors. So you get the best of both worlds, perfectly cooked food that is healthy and will leave you feeling satisfied.
Pros of Power XL Air Fryer Grill Combo
As with any electrical appliance, there are certain advantages and disadvantages. And the Power XL Air Fryer Grill is no different, it has its own set of pros and cons. But we think the pros far outweigh the cons, and here they are.
- Easy to clean: – Power XL Air Fryer Grill is extremely easy to use and clean, even for beginners. Most parts are dishwasher safe and can be easily disassembled and put back together. The non-stick surface also makes it very easy to wipe down and clean.
- Allows you to cook a wide range of foods:- This kitchen appliance allows for versatile cooking and can accommodate a wide range of recipes. Be it grilling some steak, baking a pizza, roasting some meatballs, or rotisserie chicken wings, Power XL Air Fryer Grill has got you covered.
- Has unique grilling features:- Power XL Air Fryer Grill’s grilling capabilities are top-notch. You can easily get that sear look, and that perfect grill marks on your steak in a matter of minutes. And the best part is you can get all this without using even a drop of oil.
- Can cook family-sized meals:- This is one feature that has mesmerized most users. Its ability to cook large meals is quite impressive. So Power XL Air Fryer Grill will be ideal if you have a big family or like to entertain guests often.
- Comes with a variety of chef accessories:- As mentioned earlier, the Power XL Air Fryer Grill comes with amazing accessories that will help you cook like a pro. The best part is that most of them are easy to use.
- Cooks extra crispy meals:- This appliance is ideal for those who love their food extra crispy. All you need to do is add a little oil and your favorite seasoning, and you will have the crispiest food ever.
cons of Power XL Air Fryer Grill
Although the Power XL Air Fryer Grill is a fantastic kitchen appliance, it has a few drawbacks worth mentioning.
- Relatively noisy compared to other models:- We realized that this appliance is quite noisy compared to other models. This should not be a big concern because all air fryers are known to make some noise and should be expected.
- Gets hot on the outside:- Another concern most users have is that this appliance gets quite hot on the outside. But, as long as you use it according to the manufacturer’s instructions, this should not be an issue.
- Can be smokey:- This one got us by surprise, especially when we were using it for the first time. When grilling or roasting meat, it is normal for there to be some smoke. However, if you find that it is getting too smokey, we recommend reducing the cooking temperature.
What The Actual Cooking Experience Of Power XL Air Fryer Grill
When we first used the Power XL Air Fryer Grill, we were truly amazed by how well it cooked. The food came out crispy and delicious and was cooked evenly throughout. We tried out the Grilled Pork Chops recipe, which turned out great. The pork chops were juicy and full of flavor, and the grill marks were perfect.
For breakfast, we played around with the “Crusty Air Fried Apple Pie recipe,” and we must say the machine did not disappoint. We also tried air frying some eggs, and they came out perfectly cooked with a slight crust on the outside.
All in all, we were very impressed with the Power XL Air Fryer Grill and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good air fryer. Almost forgot- the cleaning is a breeze and the recipe book was very helpful!
Black Deluxe PowerXL Air Fryer Grill 8 in 1(Stainless Steel )
The black deluxe is an honest attempt at merging an air fryer with a toaster oven. And when you add that to a grilling pan, it becomes something else entirely. When we first took it out of the box, we were immediately impressed with how sleek and modern it looked.
- The all-black design with stainless steel accents is very eye-catching.
- The stainless steel material was always easy to clean, so that’s always a plus.
You can check out the exact model we used on amazon: PowerXL Air Fryer Grill 8 in 1 Roast, Bake, Rotisserie, Electric Indoor Grill (Stainless Steel Deluxe)
What is the difference between the power XL Air Fryer Grill and the power XL Air Fryer Grill Plus?
The Power XL Air Fryer Grill Plus is the newest model and comes with a few additional features. Let’s go through some of them:
- Power XL air fryer plus has a larger cooking capacity.
- More and Improved grilling recipes
- Even better flavor infusion technology.
- A larger and more modern digital control panel with 8 pre-set functions.
- A 1500 watts of power compared to 1300 watts on an average Power XL air fryer grill.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you put foil in a power XL Air fryer grill?
Yes, you can put foil in the Power XL Air Fryer Grill, but we recommend you use it sparingly. Foil can help promote even cooking and browning, but using too much of it can cause the food to stick to the basket. Plus, it’s important to make sure that the foil doesn’t touch the heating element, as this can cause a fire. So just use a small piece of foil and make sure to keep an eye on it while the food is cooking.
How to preheat power xl air fryer grill
Actually, it’s pretty simple! Just like any other air fryer, you need to preheat the Power XL Air Fryer Grill before cooking. You can do this by either pressing the “Preheat” button on the control panel or by selecting your desired cooking temperature and setting the timer for 3-5 minutes. Let it preheat until the indicator light goes off, and then you’re ready to start cooking!
Power Xl Air Fryer Grill Recipes
Now that you know how to use your Power XL Air Fryer Grill, it’s time to start cooking! Here are some of our favorite recipes to get you started:
- Crispy Air Fryer Fiesta Chicken Fingers – Typically, chicken fingers are deep-fried, but this recipe uses the Power XL Air Fryer Grill to make them nice and crispy without all the oil. For perfection, you can change the flavors to your liking.
- Grilled Chicken Pesto Pizza – This recipe is a fun twist on traditional pizza. The Pesto chicken is cooked on the Power XL Air Fryer Grill, and then it’s topped with all your favorite pizza toppings.
- Golden Crisp Jalapeno Popper Mexican Street Corn – For this Mexican street corn recipe, you will need to marinate the corn with an amazing sauce that will tantalize your guests’ taste buds!
- Keto-Friendly Chicken Parmesan – This chicken parmesan recipe uses the Power XL Air Fryer Grill to give the chicken a crispy coating without breading or oil. Plus, it’s low carb and keto friendly!
- Plant-Based Hot Sausage and Pepper Empanadas – These empanadas are perfect for game day or anytime you’re in the mood for some comfort food. They’re also vegan and gluten-free! Grill for only 10 min, and they’ll be ready to enjoy.
Power Xl Air Fryer Grill Manual
A new Power XL Air Fryer Grill comes with a manual that includes recipes, tips, and other important information. We highly recommend you read through it before using your grill for the first time.
That way, you’ll be familiar with all the features and how to use them. Plus, you’ll get to know your grill a little better and learn about all the different things you can make with it! You can also download the Power XL Air Fryer Grill manual from our website.
Is The Power Xl Air Fryer Grill Worth It?
The Power XL Air Fryer Grill is definitely worth it! It’s a versatile appliance that can do so much more than just grilling. You can also use it to air fry, bake, roast, and even dehydrate food. Plus, it’s easy to use and comes with a digital control panel with 8 pre-set functions. If you’re looking for an air fryer that can do it all, then the Power XL Air Fryer Grill is the perfect choice for you.
What’s The Best Alternative To The Power Xl Air Fryer Grill?
Well, the Power XL Air Fryer Grill is probably one of the best grill air fryers on the market. But if you’re looking for something a little different, then the Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Indoor Grill with Air Fryer might be a good option. It also has 8 pre-set functions and can grill, air fry, bake, roast, and dehydrate food. So it’s a great alternative to the Power XL Air Fryer Grill.
You can also try out the Cuisinart TOA-60 Air Fryer Toaster Oven. It’s a bit bulkier than the Power XL Air Fryer Grill, but it has a lot of the same features. It can air fry, bake, broil, and toast food. Plus, it comes with 7 functions, so you can definitely find one that fits your needs.
Final Verdict: Should You Buy The Power Xl Air Fryer Grill?
As stated above, The Power XL Air Fryer Grill is a superb appliance to have in your kitchen. It’s versatile, easy to use, and has many features. You will definitely appreciate the fact that you can cook for a larger audience with this grill. To top it up, it’s also affordable, which makes it a great investment for your kitchen. So if you’re looking for an air fryer that can do it all, then we say go for it! You won’t regret it.
Please don’t forget to share this article with your friends, plus you can always leave a comment down below if you have any questions.
My love for food was influenced by my brother, a chef at a 2-star Michelin restaurant, and we often exchange food knowledge together. It’s been 12 years since I first stepped into the kitchen, and with my vast experience and expertise, I will share many ideas on how to make dishes more delicious!